Saturday, December 29, 2007

I found a home!!!

So, I've finally found a place to live and I'm all moved in. I've forgotten about all the little things you need when you move into a place. And here, in B'lore, no place has a stove and fridge. So, those are a couple of things I'm going to need. Pretty annoying. I'm not going to lie, if I knew I'd have to do all this and how much of a hassle this all was (and the fact my company didn't help me find a place to live), I wouldn't have done this. I was so comfortable in the U.S. and things were so easy. I feel that I'm just throwing money away on stuff I can't take back with me. I will be renting a fridge. It sucks so bad. It's kind of pricey, but it's cheaper than buying one. And I won't have to deal with selling it when I leave.

So I'm living in a area called Frazetown. It's a neat area. Lots of places to eat, a pizza hut only a 5 mins walk away, awesome bakeries all over, and only a 15 min bus ride to work. So easy! I'll take some pics when I get a chance so you can have a better idea of the place.

That's it for now.....

2 comments:

san said...

YAY for a home!!!! I'm so happy for you. Can we send you anything to make it more homelike? Your work sounds awesome. I am so proud of you.
Sara

Beth said...

Your home (and your blog) is AWESOME!!! I love the loft-style, narrow stairs, your off-center sink in the kitchen, cute little bathroom, refrigerator, tiled roof, windows that look out on palm trees, the built-in shelves, the Ganesha shrine, spicey snacks and everything else. You are fobulous and I miss you, but thanks for the wonderful weekend in Bangalore!!!